It’s that time of week … time to get to know one of our speakers and authors, Donna Jones, and to find out a few of her favorite things.
A popular international conference, retreat and event speaker, Donna has inspired women for over 18 years. She’s the author of three books, including her latest, SEEK: A Woman’s Guide to Meeting God (Regal, 2012), which, along with its companion Bible study and video teaching, has been used in women’s ministries all over the United States.
- Favorite movie – My Fair Lady and When Harry Met Sally
- Favorite book – Pride and Prejudice
- Favorite secular song – Almost Everything from James Taylor
- Favorite Christian song / worship / hymn – Holy, Holy, Holy
- Favorite band (Christian and/or secular) – Mercy Me
- Favorite dessert – Hot French apple pie a la mode
- Favorite meal or type of food – anything fresh and healthy OR deep dish pizza
- Favorite place to visit in the United States – my mom and dad’s house and Hawaii
- Favorite place to visit outside of the US – almost any place in Europe
- Favorite pet – our family bunny, Chocolate
- Favorite color – blue
- Favorite TV show (past or present) – currently, The Good Wife but I grew up on The Brady Bunch
- Favorite version of the Bible – for my own devotions, New Living Translation
- Favorite sport – Football for sure!! My dad was a Division 1 football coach; and my husband and son played football
- Favorite thing to do when not working – Lingering over dinner with my husband and kids
- What makes you laugh? – Embarrassing stories (and I have several of my own!)
- What makes you cry? – Intimate times with God, seeing God use my life, when anyone I love is hurting
- Favorite beverage – Iced tea (unsweetened with lemon)
Now that you know a little more about Donna Jones, find out how to have her as the guest speaker for your group’s event: CLICK HERE.