When Fear Attacks—Focus on Jesus
1. Jesus is the Sovereign Lord.
One of my favorite books in the Bible is Hebrews. From the first verses, the writer says, God HAS spoken to us, and He is STILL speaking, telling us that Jesus is the Sovereign Lord. He is God in the flesh, the Holy One who is all-powerful.
- Who is in control of this world?
- Who is in control of my life?
- Who will work all things together for my ultimate good?
2. Jesus is Your Savior.
Yes, from the penalty of your sins, but also from the power of sins we all struggle with daily. Satan wants nothing more than to keep you bound in anxiety, worry, and fear but Jesus wants to deliver you from Satan’s power to make you miserable and without hope.
- Come to His throne of grace
- Come with confidence
- Come and receive grace, kindness, mercy, and help in your time of need. Hebrews 4:16
3. Jesus is the Great Shepherd.
You and I are His sheep, His loved ones, and His own possession. Yes, we stray. Yes, we get stubborn. Yes, we get into trouble and create a lot of our own problems (at least I do!). But despite our failings, we know we are His and He is with us.
- I will never leave you to face the future or the Enemy’s attacks by yourself
- I will guide you, watch over you, feed you my peace, and give you strength
- I will give you all you need to do my will and live a life that honors me.
POPPY SMITH is British, married to an American, and has lived in many countries. She is funny, deep, transparent, and passionate about inspiring women to make their lives count for God. A former Bible Study Fellowship teaching leader with a Masters in Spiritual Formation, Poppy is a multi-published author whose speaking ministry has taken her across the nation and to over twenty countries.